Sunday, July 13, 2008

Countdown

Just 2 1/2 weeks now til my due date! Exciting! I'm really beginning to feel ready, but not too impatient yet. I would like to get through at least one more week before baby comes. My brother and his wife are coming to town (from Venezuela) on Thursday, and we're having a family barbeque on Friday, so I'm hoping baby will hold off til after that to make his appearance. But I'll be thrilled, whenever he comes! Just 4 more days of work til I begin my leave (until January). Hurray!

I finished my Bird's Nest Shawl. It took almost two months, but I loved working on it. The yarn is so beautiful and soft, and the pattern is just lovely - not too complex, not too boring.
Bird's Nest Shawl
The shawl came out quite large (80" x 21"). It's surprisingly warm too.
Bird's Nest Shawl

Bird's Nest Shawl
Pattern: Bird's Nest Shawl by Cheryl Oberle from Folk Shawls (Ravelry Link)
Yarn: Indiecita Baby Alpaca from Peru (5.5 balls)
Needles: US6 and US5


When I finished the shawl I decided I should put some more energy into knitting baby stuff, which is so much faster. Love that instant gratification.
Green Diaper Soaker
Pattern: Wool Diaper Soakers (Ravelry Link)
Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes
Needles: US7
Size: 0-6 month

And my current project is a baby kimono sweater. Ohmygoodness this thing is so tiny and adorable. It works up pretty quick too. Pictures of that soon I hope.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

That shawl is beautiful! It would have taken me a lot longer than 2 months.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! Here's wishing you an easy delivery!